Monday, June 25, 2012

Domino's Pizza

Domino's Pizza

Okay, so I didn't actually go to Domino's - I had it delivered - but I had to write this post.  I've been lusting after one of those beautiful sandwiches they've been advertising on TV lately, and I found myself at work a few minutes early and without dinner.  I just had time to look up the number and call in my order before my shift started.  Now, the sandwich itself did not cost enough to qualify for delivery, so I ordered some of that cheesy bread they've also been advertising heavily.  So my meal, including tax, delivery fee and tip was $15.  As my dinner break approached, I was eagerly anticipating the delivery of my very own beautiful sandwich.


I will never again fall prey to those commercials!!  Yes, I know that the food in commercials has been "styled" and what you get never looks quite the same, but I would expect something at least similar!  My first comment about my sandwich is "Where's the meat?"  I'd say it was 85% bread, 5% cheese, 7% veggies and maybe 3% meat.  The sandwich was dry, and definitely not worth the money I spent.

Here's a picture of my sandwich, although it isn't a good one:
None of what you can see peeking out of the bread is meat.  There are mushrooms, green peppers, and cheese, but no meat.  I really don't think there was even enough meat in the whole sandwich to make one layer across the bread.

Now about that cheesy bread.  Again, too much bread, not enough cheese.   This was supposed to be stuffed (I'm guessing with cheese), but it just seemed to be a big thick pizza dough that had been folded in half and sprinkled with a bit of cheese and herbs and baked.  Like the sandwich, it was dry.  The bottom was heavily dusted with cornmeal, to the extent that I felt like I was eating on the beach.

It has been suggested that I caught Domino's on a bad night, but I won't waste my money trying again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg girl you are too funny. Archie likes their habinero (sp.) chicken sandwich. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Give them another chance. Better luck next time.